Expert Video - How does calcium and vitamin D help build healthy bones?
Stanford University osteoporosis expert Dr. David Karpf discusses how much calcium the average woman should get each day, how to get enough from the food you eat, and when a supplement is appropriate. Dr. Risa Kagan and Dr. Karpf discuss the role of vitamin D in maintaining bone health and the importance of checking vitamin D levels when treating osteoporosis.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Managing and Treating Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Managing and Treating Osteoporosis
1. What treatments are used for osteoporosis?
2. How do antiresorptive drugs work in osteoporosis?
3. How do anabolic drugs work in osteoporosis?
4. How does calcium and vitamin D help build healthy bones?
5. What are the best management strategies for a person with osteoporosis?
6. What is a drug holiday when it comes to osteoporosis medication?
7. Dr Tilli's story: What did you do when you found out you had osteoporosis?
8. Dr Tilli's story: What advice do you have for other patients on their journey with osteoporosis?
9. Shelley's story: What did you do when you found out you had osteoporosis?
10. Shelley's story: What has been the greatest success and challenge with managing your bone health?
11. Shelley's story: What advice do you have for other patients about bone health and osteoporosis?