Expert Video - What treatments are used for osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis expert David Karpf, MD, discusses the different types of treatments available for osteoporosis and their effectiveness. The two main categories of medication are antiresorptive drugs and anabolic drugs, which respectively help prevent bone from being reabsorbed by the body and promote development of new bone.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Managing and Treating Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Managing and Treating Osteoporosis
1. What treatments are used for osteoporosis?
2. How do antiresorptive drugs work in osteoporosis?
3. How do anabolic drugs work in osteoporosis?
4. How does calcium and vitamin D help build healthy bones?
5. What are the best management strategies for a person with osteoporosis?
6. What is a drug holiday when it comes to osteoporosis medication?
7. Dr Tilli's story: What did you do when you found out you had osteoporosis?
8. Dr Tilli's story: What advice do you have for other patients on their journey with osteoporosis?
9. Shelley's story: What did you do when you found out you had osteoporosis?
10. Shelley's story: What has been the greatest success and challenge with managing your bone health?
11. Shelley's story: What advice do you have for other patients about bone health and osteoporosis?