Expert Video - How do anabolic drugs work in osteoporosis?
Women's health expert Risa Kagan, MD, discusses anabolic osteoporosis medications, including the practical advantages and side benefits of each, which patients may benefit most from them, and how they may be used with antiresorptive drugs. She also discusses the role of hormone therapy to help prevent bone loss in women.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Managing and Treating Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Managing and Treating Osteoporosis
1. What treatments are used for osteoporosis?
2. How do antiresorptive drugs work in osteoporosis?
3. How do anabolic drugs work in osteoporosis?
4. How does calcium and vitamin D help build healthy bones?
5. What are the best management strategies for a person with osteoporosis?
6. What is a drug holiday when it comes to osteoporosis medication?
7. Dr Tilli's story: What did you do when you found out you had osteoporosis?
8. Dr Tilli's story: What advice do you have for other patients on their journey with osteoporosis?
9. Shelley's story: What did you do when you found out you had osteoporosis?
10. Shelley's story: What has been the greatest success and challenge with managing your bone health?
11. Shelley's story: What advice do you have for other patients about bone health and osteoporosis?