Expert Video - Is there a cure for osteoporosis?
David Karpf, MD, explains that osteoporosis is a lifelong chronic condition that can be managed effectively. He describes osteoporosis treatments that can reduce the risk of fractures, including those that slow the rate at which the body reabsorbs bone. He also discusses how lifestyle changes to prevent falls can lower the risk of breaking a bone.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Understanding Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Understanding Osteoporosis
1. What is osteoporosis and what causes it?
2. What are the symptoms of osteoporosis?
3. What is the difference between osteopenia, osteoporosis and osteomalacia?
4. Who is most at risk for osteoporosis and why?
5. What can I do to prevent osteoporosis?
6. Why are women at greater risk than men for osteoporosis?
7. Should men worry about osteoporosis? What are the signs in men?
8. Can certain medications increase the risk of developing osteoporosis?
9. Is there a cure for osteoporosis?
10. Dr Tilli's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?
11. Shelley's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?