Expert Video - How is osteoporosis screened and diagnosed?
Risa Kagan, MD, a women's health expert from the University of California, San Francisco, discusses the importance of the DXA screening and FRAX risk assessment tool to find changes in bone density and make the diagnosis of osteoporosis.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Screening and Diagnosing Bone Health and Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Screening and Diagnosing Bone Health and Osteoporosis
1. How is osteoporosis screened and diagnosed?
2. Who should be screened for osteoporosis?
3. What is fracture risk assessment?
4. What is a bone scan?
5. Why is screening and early detection for osteoporosis important?
6. Dr Tilli's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?
7. Shelley's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?