Expert Video - Should men worry about osteoporosis? What are the signs in men?
David Karpf, MD, of Stanford University discusses how osteoporosis, or bone loss, can affect men. He explains the role of testosterone in fractures, how the different causes of osteoporosis in men and women can lead to different outcomes, and other medical conditions that can make men vulnerable to losing bone mass.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Understanding Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Understanding Osteoporosis
1. What is osteoporosis and what causes it?
2. What are the symptoms of osteoporosis?
3. What is the difference between osteopenia, osteoporosis and osteomalacia?
4. Who is most at risk for osteoporosis and why?
5. What can I do to prevent osteoporosis?
6. Why are women at greater risk than men for osteoporosis?
7. Should men worry about osteoporosis? What are the signs in men?
8. Can certain medications increase the risk of developing osteoporosis?
9. Is there a cure for osteoporosis?
10. Dr Tilli's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?
11. Shelley's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?