Expert Video - What is a bone scan?
Risa Kagan, MD, of the University of California, San Francisco, describes the difference between a bone scan for disease and a DXA scan to check the bones for osteoporosis. She tells us what the T score and Z score mean and how an ultrasound can be used to screen for osteoporosis.
Your feedback is important to us! We will use your feedback to develop future areas of content about osteoporosis which will help other patients, caregivers and families.
Please rate this content:
Animation - Screening and Diagnosing Bone Health and Osteoporosis
Slide Show - Screening and Diagnosing Bone Health and Osteoporosis
1. How is osteoporosis screened and diagnosed?
2. Who should be screened for osteoporosis?
3. What is fracture risk assessment?
4. What is a bone scan?
5. Why is screening and early detection for osteoporosis important?
6. Dr Tilli's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?
7. Shelley's story: How did you find out you had osteoporosis? How was it diagnosed?